This role will provide an exciting challenge for a world class individual who wants to stand out in an entrepreneurial environment. Apply for Mimecast’s 2018 program today.
Founded in 2003 in London by Peter Bauer and Neil Murray, Mimecast is a Nasdaq Listed business with 10 offices around the globe including Johannesburg, Cape Town, London, Boston, San Francisco, Jersey, Chicago, Dallas and Melbourne.
Mimecast is a truly multinational business with a wide array of opportunities for the right people.
We understand that success is built on our people and therefore we take hiring very seriously. Only people that represent our passion, energy and commitment to the big picture will be considered for a rare spot in this company that is genuinely going somewhere and fast.
To ensure continued accelerated growth we are looking for brilliant graduates to join our super charged Team where your energy and commitment will have a direct effect on your own value creation.
To be successful you need to be excited by the opportunity to apply your progressive knowledge and thinking as well as by the opportunity to continually stretch and learn. You will not be ‘a number’ so with that comes greater responsibility and commitment. Be ready to operate at full capacity!
The Mimecast Graduate Programme 2018
The Mimecast Graduate Program extends 12 months and aims to provide young talented graduates with an opportunity to receive the best start in their careers in one of the most progressive Cloud technology companies in the country.
We are looking for an ambitious, go-getter, who wants to hit the ground running and learn the ins and outs of their prospective future careers by giving them a hand’s on approach. With 10% of our work force being part of our Graduate Program, this is a great opportunity to develop yourself with scarce skills in the world of Technology!
During the course of the 12 month program you will focus initially on core skills training to develop the personal and professional skills needed to establish yourself within the Mimecast community. Thereafter, you will progress into the relevant division in which you have been appointed, where you will have a dedicated mentor, ready to groom and guide you in your first year of work.
Brief Role Description:
As a Mimecast Graduate Sales Engineer (SE) you will assist the SE team with providing a sales enablement function mapping Mimecast’s product suite to Customers business and technical requirements in a seamless, easy and uninterrupted way. Based in our Sandton office, this position is a technical pre-sales role supporting the sales activities of our Middle East and Africa sales, CX and channel teams. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic professional with in-depth technical abilities as well as some commercial acumen and at least a basic understanding of cyber security. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to start a career in a pre-sales or technical role.
- Contribute to Sales Engineering best practice knowledge base
- Contribute to and deepen organizational security knowledge
- Contribute to customer acquisition case studies
- Contribute to product evangelism initiatives (build presentations, white papers etc)
- Collation and reporting on team generated data
- Involvement and co-ordination of SE projects
- Assist with technical and administrative aspects of trials, proofs of concept implementation and reporting
- Collation and reporting on email security risk assessments
- Assist with administration of business support systems relevant to presales
- Mimecast certifications and experience on our internal software and processes
The successful graduates must have completed the following in the last 2 years:
- Degree or diploma in IT
- Preferably a post graduate degree in a relevant field such as Computer Science or Information Systems
Essential Personal Characteristics:
- Task driven
- Goal oriented
- Energetic and enthusiastic;
- Goal and solutions orientated;
- Passionate about Technology;
- Passionate about learning and self-development;
- Adaptable and flexible;
- Well spoken;
- Professional and presentable;
- Curious and problem solving
Only completed applications submitted to the [email protected] will be considered. A completed application must include: CV; completed application form; ID, Qualifications and Academic Transcripts.
Graduates over the age of 25 years and/or graduates who have not completed their relevant degree or diploma in the last 2 years will not be eligible for the programme.