MMI Holdings Limited (MMI) is a South African based financial services group listed on the South African stock exchange, the JSE. The group operates in the market through multiple client-facing brands including insurance and investment brands Metropolitan and Momentum, South Africa’s number one cell captive insurer Guardrisk and wellness & rewards programme Multiply. MMI operates in 14 countries, 12 in the African continent, United Kingdom and India through a direct presence, strategic partnerships and joint ventures.
MMI’s purpose is to enhance the lifetime Financial Wellness of people, their communities and their businesses. Financial Wellness is a continuous process of planning and management for individuals, households and businesses, with the aim of affording expenses and achieving goals over one’s lifetime.
Our promise to our clients is to be their Financial Wellness partner over this life-long journey, using our expertise and solutions to help them develop and reach their goals.
An exciting internship opportunity exists in Momentum Consult for a bright, innovative graduate to join a brilliant Marketing team. The purpose of this role is to provide the successful intern with the exposure that will develop their specialist language advisory and writing capability reporting directly to the Communications Manager.
What You’re Going To Do
- Develop, implement and execute language guidelines for the communication functions.
- Liaise with stakeholders in order to obtain an understanding of language and editing requirements.
- Provide editing and language services for all forms of communication within agreed timelines.
- Ensure professional plain Language standards are maintained, by providing a reviewing function to the communications team for all communications on behalf of key stakeholders.
- Develop and create awareness of frameworks for writing when required.
- Create internal communications for publications, social media and electronic communications, as well as, initiatives for promoting business and project writing.
- Facilitation of translation from English to Afrikaans where necessary.
- Align with the business objectives of the Marketing and Communication team.
- Provide language advice to stakeholders
What Competencies You’ll Require
- Problem-solving skills
- Process driven
- Time management
- Good communicator
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Computer skills
- Customer orientation
- Result driven
- Attention to detail
Qualification and Experience
- Strictly looking for individuals with a Degree in English, Journalism or Linguistics
- No previous work experience required
All positions will be filled in accordance with our Employment Equity plan. We also encourage people with disabilities to apply.