Executive Assistant Food & NHS
Job Purpose: Summary
Manages the internal administration of the Department & exercises a high degree of initiative and judgement in handling complex and confidential materials / enquiries. Performs advanced secretarial duties and attends to a variety of matters of business and personal nature for the director & Department. Understands the objectives of the function & maintains an excellent follow-up system
- MANAGEMENT OF THE DIRECTOR’S OFFICE:
- Manages executive’s calendar and independently schedules appointments. Screens incoming calls and correspondence and responds independently when possible. Directs preparation of records such as agenda, notices, and minutes for corporate meetings. Arranges complex and detailed travel plans and itineraries, compiles documents for travel-related meetings. Re-routes urgent matters for attention in the absence of the Functional Head. Communicates with company senior managers and executives and external stakeholders.
- MANAGES FUNCTIONS AND INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL EVENTS:
- Manages events and conferences by arranging for facilities and caterer, issuing information or invitations, coordinating speakers and involvement in budget control. Has the ability to work independently on projects from conception to completion. Organises and plans logistics (i.e. facility selection, menu planning, transportation arrangements and audio/visual equipment) for company meetings, special events and conferences. Has the ability to negotiate prices where necessary & ensures protocol is followed.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with hotels, conference venues for best possible prices and physical visit to new venues to check on suitability and appropriateness. Ensure hotels use Nestlé products as per directive from Managing Director. Synchronise all functional events on functional calendar, coordinate events and promote synergy within teams.
- PROVIDE PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND ADMINISTRATION SUPPORT TO DEPARTMENT SENIOR LEADESHIP TEAM:
- Assists the Team during the development of major projects from commencement to completion. Monitors progress of project activities and assists the Team with documentation when necessary. Schedules status updates and prepares supporting documents.
- DEPARTMENTAL OFFICE SUPPORT:
- Provide specialised administration functions involving compiling and arranging data, making computations, laying out and preparing reports, processing and coding documents and maintaining specialised and comprehensive records and filing. Prepares reports and resolves discrepancies.
- Arranging and making diary entries: Arrangements of meetings including all required resources and confirmation of attendance with attendees i.e. Director/s, Managers; Local, International & external parties where applicable. Consultation of all diary entries with director on a daily basis to ensure smooth running of same. Advice Managers and Director on how to leverage on different functional events by sharing calendar and maximising on the events already booked.
- Co-ordination and management of visit programs for overseas visitors: airport transfers, inland transfers business and private, accommodation arrangements, meeting arrangements with various parties as required by the visitors, feedback of arrangements to concerned parties. Making sure that all other arrangements are intact at all times.
- Ensures maximum, efficient operation of all Department facilities and equipment.
- PROCUREMENT & FINANCE ADMINSTRATION SUPPORT:
- Manage & process all purchase requisitions by ensuring that they are properly administered in the system and support the team with monitoring, reconciling and reporting on the status of Purchase Orders and Goods Receipts.
- Ensure payment to all vendors & checking that all invoices are in line with our procurement policy.
- Manage the liquidation process by reconciling Directors expenses.
- Post matric qualification, i.e. Administration Qualification.
- A minimum of 3 years’ Executive assistant experience.
- Effective in planning and organising, Project Management and Office Management.
- Requires initiative in handling all business and travel arrangements.
- Should be proficient in PowerPoint (advanced), Excel & Word (Intermediate)
- Knowledge of SAP preferably.
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Must be assertive and results driven.
- Team Player: must be able to work effectively in a team and contribute willingly in order to accomplish set goals.
- Must be approachable, & be able to engage with a diversity of people.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English with skill of adjusting language and terminology appropriate levels (as she/he from time to time represents image of Director and Department).
- Must be able to take initiative and work independently.
- Must be able to conform to all internal and standard company procedures.
- Must be to handle pressure effectively.
- Must have effective writing skills.
- Must be able to work flexible hours when required.
- Must have own transport.
- Must be able to take dictation and record information correctly.
Please note that the Company will NOT pay relocation fees for this position.
Preference will be given to candidates from the designated group and people with disabilities. If you are interested please apply via our careers site(www.nestle.co.za/careers) and attach updated copy of your CV, latest payslip, copy of your qualifications and copy of your ID.
Contact: Wandile Brown for further assistance on 011-514-6000
Closing Date: 15 August 2019
: South Africa-Gauteng-Johannesburg
: Aug 2, 2019, 1:46:53 PM