Reference Number: 190001KN
BRAND MANAGER – EAST & SOURTHERN AFRICA REGION
VIRTUAL LOCATION -BRYANSTON
NESTLÉ is the world’s leading nutrition, health and wellness company. We’re looking for an experienced Regional Brand Manager to manage our brands across 18 countries in Equatorial and Southern Africa.
You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment where diversity and innovation drives rapid growth.
The regional brand manager will be responsible for strategies that grow market share and brand’s reputation, improve consumer experience and drive sustainable profitable growth. You will develop marketing initiatives, based on strong consumer insights, which will be executed across the different markets. These initiatives include campaigns (broadcast, social media, activation, visibility, etc.), events, and corporate responsibility programs and sponsorships campaigns.
- Understand category dynamics and identify ways to improve brand performance in short, medium and long term.
- Effectively manage creative and media agencies as strong business partners to develop plans that drive business results
- Collaborate with country teams and functional teams to implement brand strategy
- Develop brand plans, with specific focus on the next year aligning with Business Unit on activity grids for planned new products and key promotional initiatives.
- Work cross functionally to develop the specific parts of the budgeted plan, including and new product timelines, trade activities, volumes, pricing, promotion and media support.
- Provide input to finance to develop the category and brand P&L for the budget and manage the business via a monthly in-depth review of the P&L.
- Present an overview of the category, as well as plans to drive category share performance and financial KPI’s at least twice per year to the Marketing Manager.
- Manage the business anticipating gaps and opportunities and proposing actions to address them.
- Manage the detail of new product introductions, and transitions on existing products via cross functional collaboration in various meetings.
- Develop high impact consumer communications, by integrating all media options to achieve brand and business goals which maximize the return on investment.
- Based on brand strategy, competitive and internal financial analysis review pricing strategy and make recommendations for periodic price increases.
- Use business processes and resources to translate insights into innovative solutions by creating and environment in which associates are supported in developing more innovative solutions.
- Develop comprehensive marketing plans that bring brand into life through creative implementation of core mix to achieve strategies
- Bachelor’s degree in management, economics, marketing or other related focus
- Minimum of 2 years brand management / 3 years assistant brand management experience (preferably in a FMCG environment) with a reasonable amount of exposure to the core Marketing competencies: consumer insight, strategy, budget & planning, promotions management, business & financial management, new product development, digital media, advertising development and an understanding of the trade.
- Experience working with markets other than South Africa and/or traditional trade will be highly valuable.
Key Personal Attributes
- Passionate and resilient – ability to execute in difficult business and economics realities.
- Open, curious and respectful regarding cultural differences. Perceives diversity as a competitive advantage.
- Ingenious – an innovative yet objective thinker.
- Explorer – demonstrates a ‘can do’ / entrepreneurial attitude.
- Shrewd – ability to deliver projects in full, on time and to the highest quality.
- Fighter – driven to get the best result and win, challenges themselves and others.
- Must have strong analytical skills i.e. use research, information when solving problems and come up with well thought through solutions.
- Numerate with good attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under time pressure / stressful conditions.
- Influence/negotiation skills.
- Computer literacy (SAP, Microsoft office, word, excel, project and powerpoint.
All applications MUST quote the reference number stated above
Please note that the Company will NOT pay relocation fees for this position.
Preference will be given to candidates from the designated group and people with disabilities. If you are interested please apply via our careers site ( www.nestle.co.za/careers ) and attach updated copy of your CV, latest payslip, copy of your qualifications and copy of your ID.
Contact: Wandile Brown for further assistance on 011-514-6000
Closing Date: 05 April 2019
: South Africa-Gauteng-Johannesburg
: Mar 20, 2019, 1:10:56 PM
Apply On Company Site