||Cost to company
||Cape Town, Kuils River, Northern Suburbs
||Employment Equity position
The Enrolled Nurse is responsible for direct and/or indirect nursing care of a patient or group of patients and will function under the direct and/or indirect supervision of the Registered Nurse.
The incumbent is also is responsible for and is held accountable for his/her own acts and omissions. Nursing activities form part of a nursing regime that is planned and initiated by the Registered Nurse. The Enrolled Nurse will be responsible for assessment and care as well as the needs of patients and will be responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of appropriate programmes of care, ensuring the delivery of high quality care to patients.
KEY WORK OUTPUT AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Adhere to Netcare medical waste management principles and all other waste management principles
- Maintain a safe working environment in accordance with the Machinery and Occupational Safety Act
- Report potential/actual risks identified
- Ensure all stock is well controlled and managed
- Responsible for ensuring correct use, cleaning and storage of equipment
- Report equipment needing repair or replacement to sister-in-charge
- Maintain professional conduct and standards at all times in accordance with hospital policies and procedures
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times
- Practice patient care according to his/her Scope of Practice and assume total responsibility for these activities
- Contribute to the holistic care of patients
- Participate in ward/unit’s quality improvement programme
- Attend handover of report at shift commencement
- Effective communication with patients’ regarding their care
- Promotion of patient overall health and wellbeing
- Practice the principles of infection prevention and all standard precautions
- Promote and maintain good public relations with patients, relatives and visitors
- Execute all procedures according to hospital standards
- Refer all complaints from patients and doctors to sister-in-charge of the unit
- Carry out all departmental duties as assigned by supervisors.
- Work effectively and co-operatively with others to establish and maintain good working relationships that are mutually beneficial.
- Develop collaborative relationships to help accomplish work goal..
NETCARE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Company’s approved Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to the Group’s Employment Equity strategy. Netcare actively supports the recruitment of people with disabilities.
- In the event of a candidate having any disability that may impair the individual’s ability to perform the job function, the candidate must kindly inform the employer so that an assessment for reasonable accommodation can be made.
- By applying for this position and providing us with your CV and other personal information, you are consenting to the information being used for the specific purpose for which it was provided, which is recruitment purposes and possible appointment purposes (should you be successful) and any other related purposes and that therefore Netcare will not be in breach of the POPI ACT(Protection Of Personal Information Act 2013, Act No 4 of 2013) . Please note that your information will thus be processed for recruitment and related purposes to assess the establishment of an employment relationship with yourself, and this will be done in accordance with the applicable data protection and privacy legislation. We confirm that such information will be used for such related purposes and that we hereby have your consent hereto.
- If you object to your information being used in accordance with the aforementioned clauses, please indicate your objection and we will immediately destroy your personal information in a secure manner.
- Please e-mail a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternately send a whatsapp/SMS to contact number 081 812 3897 if you fulfill the criteria detailed above.
- Note: If you have not heard from Netcare (Pty) Ltd within 2 weeks after your application, kindly consider that your application may be unsuccessful.
- Registration with the South African Nursing Council as an Enrolled Nurse or equivalent NQF 4 qualification
- Compliance with the SANC code for an Enrolled Nurse and all applicable health care legislation
- 1-2 years Oncology or Haematology experience.
- ICU experience would be advantageous.
- Sound knowledge of general nursing theory and practice
- Knowledge of modern nursing care principles and practice
+27 81 812 3897