The Department of Arts and Culture in partnership with National Youth Development Agency are looking to recruit young people to enter a one year National Youth Service Programme called The Young Patriots Programme.
We need five (5) volunteers per province, x45 nationally, for a nine (9) months commitment
The programme seeks to engage young people in the service delivery to communities as a way of building a culture of patriotism and nation building by involving them in areas of arts, culture and heritage.
The successful applicant will be required to fulfill the following functions:
- Implement arts and cultural activities in both community and schools.
- Mobilise schools and youth to be part of TYPP activities in their community.
- Implement, coordinate and support TYPP events in the community.
- Maintain relationships with local community organisations and other community youth groups in the community.
- Administer monitoring for TYPP implementation in school and at the community.
- Promote South African National Symbols.
- Commit to personal development and growth.
Suitable candidates will need to satisfy all the following requirements:
- Grade 10
- Out of school youth
- Must be between the age of 18 and 35 years.
- Facilitation and presentation skills
- English and local language proficiency.
- Arts and culture background
- Willing to work in Arts & Culture sector
- Strong Community background.
- Self-initiator, pro-activeness, with attention to detail.
- Display ability to role model to peers.
- RSA youth only
NB: Youth with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Monthly stipend, training and uniform will be provided
Please forward a summarised copy of your Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating which province and district you are applying
Tags: government Internship, nyda internsips, young people’s programme