Institution: Karl Bremer Hospital (Cief Directorate: Metro Health Services)
Core Title: Nursing And Support Personnel
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
Minimum educational qualifications:
- Basic R425 qualification (i.e. degree/diploma in nursing) or equivalent qualification that allows registration with the South African Nursing Council (SANC) as Professional Nurse.
- A post basic nursing qualification with a duration of at least one year accredited with the SANC in Medical and Surgical Nursing Science: Critical Care General (Adult) OR Trauma and Emergency Care or Advanced Midwifery and Neonatology OR Operating Theatre Nursing.
Registration with a professional council:
- Current registration with the SANC as Professional Nurse.
- Grade 1: A minimum of 4 years appropriate/recognisable experience in nursing after registration as Professional Nurse with the SANC in General Nursing.
- Grade 2: A minimum of 14 years appropriate/recognisable experience in nursing after registration as Professional Nurse with the SANC in General Nursing.
- At least 10 years of the period referred to must be appropriate/recognisable experience in the specific speciality after obtaining the 1- year post-basic qualification as mentioned above.
Inherent requirement of the job:
- Willingness to work shifts, weekends and public holidays.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Ability to communicate in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Knowledge and insight related to training and development of nurses and students.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and policy related to Nursing training and development.
- Ability to promote quality patient care through the setting, implementation and monitoring of standards.
- Effective communication, interpersonal, leadership, decision making, and conflict resolution skills.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to function under pressure.
- Ability to function independently as well as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Appropriate and recognisable experience in training of students and nurses.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Co-ordinate student education and training to ensure achievement and maintenance of competence.
- Co-ordinate the placement of students in the hospital.
- Co-ordinate all training and development programmes of the nursing and support personnel in the Nursing Component.
- Initiate and participate in training, development and research within the Nursing Component.
- Deliver a support service to the Nursing Services and the institution.
- Maintain ethical standards and promote professional growth and self-development.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post. “Candidates who are not in possession of the required qualifications will be appointed into the general stream, and they will be required to obtain the necessary qualifications within a predetermined period of time. Candidates who are not in possession of the stipulated registration requirements, may also apply. Such candidates will only be considered for appointment on condition that proof of application for registration to register with the relevant council and proof of payment of the prescribed registration fees to the relevant council are submitted with their job application/on appointment. This concession is only applicable on health professionals who apply for the first time for registration in a specific category with the relevant council (including individuals who must apply for change in registration status)”
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. This posts was also advertised in the (Career Junction 19/10/2018, Argus/Burger 20/10/2018, PSVC 43/2018)
||Grade 1: R 362 559 (PN- B1) per annum Grade 2: R 445 917 (PN- B2) per annum
||The Medical Sup, Karl Bremer Hospital
Private Bag X1
(Atention Ms A Dyers)
||9 November 2018
||Ms ET Linden-Mars
Tel: (021) 918-1224
||See HOW TO APPLY for directions on applying for this job >