The Road Accident Fund is committed to youth skills development by providing graduates with an opportunity to gain work experience. Applications are invited for a Library Internship from unemployed graduates between the age of 18 and 35.
The Internship program will run for a period of twelve (12) months.
Work based exposure may include the following;
- Online and print information searches
- Online resources – EBSCO Host, Sabinet, Lexis Nexis
- Cataloguing and Indexing
- Library administration (incl. shelving and labeling of books)
- Use of an automated library system (Libwin)
Qualifications and Experience
- Library and Information Science degree (e.g. B.Bibl; B.Inf)
- B degree with post graduate diploma in Library & Information Science
The successful candidate will be required to display the following competencies in this role:
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Detail orientation
- Desire and potential to learn
- Basic computer skills
- Prioritize tasks as needed
The interns will be awarded a monthly stipend.
Closing date: 23 March 2018
NB: Applications can be forwarded to the following mail address Ecointernship@raf.co.za
No hand delivered applications will be accepted.
INSTRUCTION TO PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS
Indicate the name and the reference number for the Internship you are applying for on the subject line.
Submit a short CV and a motivational letter as to why your application should be considered with a maximum of 3 pages, and include all academic transcripts. (Note: applications with no transcript will not be considered.)
Indicate the branch for which you are applying.
Applicants who have been on an Internship programme will not be considered.
The Road Accident Fund subscribes to the principles of employment equity and preference will be given to groups who are under represented in terms of our Employment Equity Plan
Please note that the prospective employees will be subjected to security vetting.
NB: Applicants who have not received any correspondence from us within six weeks from the closing date can consider themselves unsuccessful