||Fitter and Turner (Dry trade)
||Bulk Water Services – Operations
|Job Type Classification
|Location – Country
|Location – Province
|Location – Town / City
|Location – Site
|Job Advert Summary
||Reporting to the Assistant Mechanical Foreman the successful candidate will maintain, machine to close tolerances, service and repair Mechanical plant, machinery and equipment to ensure availability of an efficient plant and continuous water supply to customers.
||• N3 or equivalent coupled with a recognized trade test as a Fitter and Turner.
• 3 years post apprenticeship experience in maintenance, service, installation and repair of
Mechanical plant machinery and/or equipment
• A valid Code 08 Driver‘s license and the ability to pass Rand Water’s K53 test.
||• Perform daily maintenance on plant equipment as well as scheduled preventative maintenance and scheduled Centrifugal pumps. Perform safety inspections on plant equipment.
• Perform installations of plant equipment by safe transporting of equipment, repack glands, and install guards etc. Follow the permit system.
• Install mechanical plant machinery and/or equipment accurately.
• Servicing of Mechanical plant equipment by following safe working instructions as well as performing good housekeeping at all times.
• Receive and Completion of job cards in terms of the Rand Water procedures.
||• Special training in Pumps
• Knowledge of the OHS act
• Basic cutting and welding
• Maintenance of valves and pipes
||• Good human relations
• Accurate and versatile in all aspects of maintenance with skill to machine in close tolerances
• Problem solving
||• Ability to work independent
• Deadline orientated
• Team player
• Performance driven
• Safety conscious