||Workshop Assistant (Electrical) (Hay band A2)
||Bulk Water Services – Operations
|Job Type Classification
|Location – Country
|Location – Province
|Location – Town / City
|Location – Site
|Job Advert Summary
||Reporting to the Electrical Foreman, the successful candidate will provide support in the Electrical Section.
||• Standard 10/Grade 12/N3 certificate or equivalent
• 2 years experience as an Artisan Assistant in an electrical workshop environment
• Code B drivers’ license and ability to pass Rand Water’s K53 Test.
||• Assist artisans in the maintenance of electrical equipment and perform minor electrical installations also be in charge of the electrical stores
• Tracing and locating faulty cables, visually or using various testers.
• Installing new cables, digging of trenches, strapping of cables and cable racks.
• Build scaffolding, replacing faulty electrical plugs, topping up batteries and liquid starters with distilled water. Washing, cleaning and painting electrical motors.
• Repairs of damaged equipment such as geysers, stoves, heaters and cookers
• Collect spare parts and equipment from suppliers
• Work according to Rand Water’s job card system
• Ensure that planned critical deadlines are met timeously
||• OHS Act
• Basic Hand tools
• Electrical fault finding
• Permit system
• Electrical work instructions/procedures
||• Ability to complete a job card accurately
• Problem solving
• Ability to communicate well with all people
||• Deadline orientated
• Team player
• Safety conscious
• Good housekeeping
• Ability to work without supervision