||Artisan Assistant (Electrical) I Hay band (2 positions)
||Bulk Water Services – Operations
|Job Type Classification
|Location – Country
|Location – Province
|Location – Town / City
|Location – Site
|Job Advert Summary
||Reporting to the Electrical Foreman the successful candidate will provide assistance and support to the Electrician in order to assist in the maintaining of electrical plant & installations at Vereeniging Pumping Station.
||• Grade 12 or equivalent
• One year experience in an Electrical workshop environment.
• The successful completion of a basic electricity/safety course will serve as an added advantage.
||• Assist the Artisan with general electrical maintenance including cable work, stripping,
repairing and assembling various types of electrical plant and equipment.
• General assistance by identifying, handling of tools, power tools and testing equipment.
• Assist in the Electrical Stores as from time to time required.
• General cleaning, maintaining and lubricating tools and equipment. Cleaning of panels,
switch gear and transformers as well as the cleaning of departmental vehicles and mobile
• Transporting of electrical equipment and tools to and from the work sites
• Keep workplace environment hygienically clean.
||• Basic hand tools
• ISO 9001
||• Ability to communicate well (both verbally and in writing)
||• Self motivated
• Team player
• Safety conscious