||Semi- Skilled Diesel Mechanic
|Function or Department
|Job Type Classification
|Location – Town / City
|Location – Province
|Location – Country
||A vacancy exists for a Semi-skilled Diesel Mechanic who will be based at our Operating Site in Benoni. The position will report to the Transport Manager.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for servicing, maintenance and repairs of a fleet of commercial vehicles and forklifts.
• 3 years’ hands on experience with Izuzu, Toyota and Nissan Trucks
• Code 10 driver’s license with PDP
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Computer literate
• Attention to detail is essential
• Must be reliable and able to work independently
• Must be able to work under pressure
• Must be able to diagnose Izuzu electrical fault codes
|Duties & Responsibilities
||• To assist Mechanics with services and maintenance of the vehicle fleet consisting of trucks, trailers, forklifts, mobile equipment etc.
• Assist with general repairs and breakdowns of fleet
• Minor auto electrical work
• Complete job cards timeously
• Assist with accident
• Perform standby duties
Must be willing to work extended hours when required