The candidate should have completed a Trade Test as a Mechanical Fitter or Fitter and Turner, and have at least three (3) years working experience as Fitter after obtaining trade test. The experience should include the following, amongst others:
- Installation, overhaul, assembling and maintenance of different pumps types
- Installation and maintenance of conveyor systems
- Installation of belt and gear drive systems
- Installation, service and maintenance of generators.
- Basic understanding of solar pump installations and systems
- Must be able to interpret drawings and install equipment as per requirement
- Basic knowledge and use of MS office computing
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Maintenance of water, sewer plant reticulation networks, mechanical equipment/process installations and other related electro-mechanical systems (such as pumps, piping, conveyors – screw/belts, fans, valves, transmitters, etc.)
- Carry out scheduled and regular preventative maintenance work on the equipment
- Overhaul, fault find and repair of mechanical equipment and systems.
- Assemble, install and commission mechanical sub-assemblies
- Machine and fabricate simple components, workpieces using power tools and machinery
- Ensuring and enforcing compliance to statutory requirements, such as but not limited to Boilers and Vessels under pressure inspections
- To maintain an effective and efficient maintenance program for areas of responsibility and regular production of status reports.
- To provide continuous support within/outside the department and to work with others in a team environment
- To provide on the job training to Trade Workers and General Workers.
- To maintain or improve a safe working environment and equipment systems
- To perform basic administration relating to support junior staff
Interested candidates who meet the requirements should forward their applications accompanied by a recently updated, comprehensive CV as well as recently certified copies of all qualification(s) to the following address:
Human Capital Management
Att: Ms Queeneth Mashigo
Private Bag X402
Tel: (013) 735 4204
Email: [email protected]
Correspondences will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you have not been contacted within 14 days after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
SANParks is committed to the principles of employment equity. Preference will be given to Previously Disadvantaged Individuals (PDI)/Historically Disadvantaged South Africans (HDSA).