Closing Date : 08 March 2019
Ref No: 080319/18
Salary : R242 475 per annum (Level 07)
Centre : Usutu Vaal GWS, (Standerton)
- National Diploma or Degree in Occupational Health and Safety.
- One (1) to three (3) years experience in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Knowledge of and completed course in SHE related legislation.
- Understanding of Government legislation.
- SAMTRAC certificate will serve as an added advantage.
- A valid driver’s license (Attach certified copy).
- Strategic and operational plan in occupational health and safety management.
- Policy implementation.
- Monitoring and evaluation principles.
- Knowledge of research procedures and techniques.
- Disciplinary knowledge in Public administration.
- Knowledge of the writing process reviewing and proofreading.
- Computer literacy skills.
- Leadership, communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Strong relationship building ability, analytical thinking, selfconfidence.
- Ability to function independently and within a team.
- Attend OHS meeting.
- Obtain minutes of safety meeting where required.
- Monitor compliance with issuing of PPE.
- Assist supervisors in maintaining safety record files.
- Perform OHS induction on contractors, visitors and employees.
- Give support and willing to assist during emergency situation/incidents.
- Implement OHS system.
Facilitate training to all employees, managers and contractors in the office regarding health and safety, conduct risk assessment for the operations of the office, execute internal safety audits and inspections.
- Enhance safety awareness.
Ensure implementation of the OHS policies.
- Report on all internal accidents and related incidents.
- Recommend any changes that may be necessary to ensure that the office complies with the health and safety regulations.
- Assess and provide onjob training to subordinates.
Please forward your applications quoting the relevant reference number to: The Area Manager, Department of Water and Sanitation, Standerton, 2430 or hand delivered at Grootdraai Dam, Standerton, Admin Offices, Standerton.
For Attention : Ms PN Myeni
Applications must be submitted on a signed and dated Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department, and should be accompanied by a comprehensive CV as well as certified copies of qualifications and Identity document.
No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within two (2) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Preference will be given to previously disadvantage groups. Successful applicants will be required to undergo standard Government security clearance procedures including verification of qualifications. Should you be in a possession of a foreign qualification(s), it must be accompanied by an evaluation from South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
“All SMS shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, the logistics of which will be communicated by the department. Following the interview and technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates
to attend a generic managerial competency assessment (in compliance with the DPSA Directive on the implementation of competency based assessments). The competency assessment will be testing generic managerial competencies using the mandated DPSA SMS competency assessment tools”
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply for the posts. People who are not employed by the Public Service Departments are welcomed to apply for posts. The department reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Enquiries : Ms. O Mlokoti Tel No: 017 712 9400