Closing date : 09 February 2018.
Office of the Deputy National Commissioner: (Pretoria)
1 – Management Advisory Services – REFERENCES: NC04/01/2018
2 – Human Resource Management – REFERENCES: NC06/01/2018
3 – REFERENCES: NC03/01/2018
4 – Crime Detection – REFERENCES: NC05/01/2018
- Applicants must display competency in the post-specific functions of the post;
- Be in possession of a Senior Certificate (Grade 12) (General Worker excluded),
- Be a SA Citizen,
- Be fluent in at least two official languages, of which one must be English;
- Be in possession of a valid light motor vehicle driver’s licence (for Police Act members),
- Must have no previous convictions or cases pending.
- Applicants will be subjected to a vetting process which will include security screening and
- fingerprint verification.
- A Grade 10 qualification will serve as an advantage.
- Basic literacy, numeracy and communication skills.
- Be able to read and write.
- The ability to operate elementary machines and equipment.
- Willing to work extended hours when necessary
- Maintaining of a high level of hygiene in and around the workplace with the cleaning of the
- SAPS premises assigned to, and which may include either or both inner and outer parameters.
- Performing tasks of a routine, such as dust working the environment.
- Polish furniture and floors, remove refuse bags, perform maintained tasks in and mopping of tile
- Clean bathrooms and kitchens.
- Safekeeping and handling of a variety of an Aid in the cleaning of the premises.
- Washing and cleaning of kitchen ware and utensils.
Only the official application form (available on the SAPS website and at SAPS recruitment
offices) will be accepted. The Z83 previously utilized will no longer be accepted. All instructions on the application form must be adhered to. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of the application.
- The post particulars and reference number of the post must be correctly specified on the application form.
- A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae must be submitted together with the application form.
- Certified copies of an applicant’s ID, Senior Certificate and all educational qualifications obtained, service certificates of previous employers stating the occupation, proof of relevant experience in the field of the post and motor vehicle driver’s license.
- The copies must be correctly certified on the copy itself, not at the back.
- The certification must not be older than three months.
- Qualifications and driver’s licences submitted will be subjected to verification checking with the relevant institutions. The South African Police Service will verify the residential address of applicants and conduct reference checks.
- Appointments will be made in terms of the SAPS Act, 1995 or Public Service Act, 1994 as applicable to the post environment.
- Applicants appointed under the Police Service Act will be subjected to a medical assessment by a medical practitioner as determined by SAPS prescripts.
- Applicants appointed under the Police Service Act will be subjected to undergo a lateral entry training programme at a SAPS training institution, where applicable.
- Applications must be mailed timeously. Late applications will not be accepted or considered.
- The closing date for applications is 09 February 2018.
- If a candidate is short-listed, it can be expected of him/her to undergo a personal interview as well as a practical assessment.
- Reference checking will be conducted on all short listed applicants.
- Short-listed candidates for appointment to certain identified posts, will be vetted in terms of the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences and Related Matters) Amendment Act, 2007 (Act No 32 of 2007) and the Children’s Act, 2005 (Act No 38 of 2005).
- A candidate, whose particulars appear in either the
- National Register for Sex Offenders or Part B of the Child Protection Register, will be disqualified from appointment to that post.
- All short-listed candidates will be subjected to fingerprint screening.
- Correspondence will be conducted with successful candidates only. If you have not been contacted within 3 months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- The South African Police Service is under no obligation to fill a post after the advertisement thereof.
- The SAPS application forms can be obtained from any SAPS Recruitment Office within the South African Police Service.
Hand delivered applications may only be submitted at Opera Plaza, Annex Building, Cnr
Pretorius & Banklane Street, Pretoria. Application must be deposited into the box available at the reception area.Applications forwarded by post to be addressed to: The Section Head: Corporate Support, (Attention: Lt Col JL Shandu/ Capt SJ Matlopela), Corporate Support, South African Police Service, Private Bag X 94, Pretoria, 0001.
Enquiries can be directed to Lt Col JL Shandu/ Capt SJ Matlopela/ W/O TB Tshabalala/SPO KK Mashiloane at telephone: (012) 393 4273/ 4501 3461.
Download Application Form