Closing Date: 25 January 2020
Business Unit: Sasol Base Chemicals Explosives
Role Category: Process Implementation
Base Chemicals markets a broad portfolio of commodity chemicals globally. The business consists of three key divisions: Polymers, Solvents, and Explosives & Fertilisers (E&F).
Our key products include:
polymers (polyethylene, polypropylene, polyvinyl chloride);
solvents (ketones, alcohols, acrylates), chlor-alkali chemicals (caustic soda, hydrochloric acid) and mining reagents (cyanide);
bulk and packaged explosives including specialised blasting accessories;
ammonium nitrate base products; and sulphur derivatives.
To support our customers we operate a Polymer Technology Services Center that provides research and development relating to polymer-related applications. We also provide agronomic and product support to our fertiliser customers as well as full blasting service and product support to our mining industry customers.
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Purpose of the Job: To ensure continuous Explosives Charging Unit availability through efective maintenance and service. To maintaing Charging Units and handling of breakdown underground.
- Faultfinding on Electrical and Hydraulic systems.
- Handle electrical and mechanical breakdowns on explosives charging units, transfer pumps and delivery tanker pumps.
- Preventative maintenance on charging units and transfer pumps.
- Get service documentation signed off, maintain filing system and ensure records are sent to supervisor.
- Coaching and training Sasol first line breakdown maintenance personnel.
- Hydraulic faultfinding and maintenance.
- General office equipment and portable electrical equipment maintenance.
- Daily liaison with mining and Sasol site personnel regarding breakdowns, spares and equipment.
- Assist with technical investigations.
- Identification of defects, reporting to supervisor, compiling works lists to address defects.
- Manage safety issues.
- Establish a maintenance store on surface and underground. Manage spares stock levels and reorder of spares.
- Site and equipment establishment and commissioning new sites (including cross border operations) – if required.
Specific Experience Required:
- Electrical/Mechanical/Instrumentation experience
- Minimum five years maintenance experience
- Welding skills
- Experience on the following equipment will be an advantage:
- Mono positive displacement pumps
- Pressure and temperature transmitters
Required outputs; Functional
- Instrument fault finding
- Mechanical faultfinding
- Hydraulic faultfinding
- Monthly services and inspections
- Ensure safety on area of responsibility
- Manage and control spares
- Grade 12/N3 (Maths and Science)
- Millwright / Electromechanic (or relevant recognised trade)
- Code EB drivers licence
- Red Ticket
- Fit for underground work
- Plan and schedule own work as and when required
- Share and implement best practices
- Examine equipment and complete safety checklist
- Compliance to all legal requirements
- Adhere to all safety and work standards
- Must be able to do standby
- Must be willing to travel extensively and work / sleep away from home – if required.
- Actively participate in discussions to improve maintenance and quality
- Be safety conscious and practice good house keeping
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Authentically and inclusively engages all stakeholders in developing business relevant solutions.
- A talent magnet. Proven ability to identify talent and further invest in talent.
- Ability to collaborate and influence stakeholders.
- Establish and build relationships and partnerships for win-win outcomes.
- Build and establish core capabilities through partners and peers.
- Demonstrates business acumen.
- A global mindset and exercises sound judgment.
- Achieves results through others and holds them accountable.
- Outside-in approach when developing learning solutions
- Leads the Core and Critical skills portfolio within Sasol in an innovative and sustainable manner.
- Strong internal and external networks
- Ability to benchmark and spot best tap into relevant best practices
- Continuously develop self
- Ambassador for living the Sasol Values
Note: Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void.
Apply On Company Site