Closing date: 2 September 2019
Operating entity: Sasol Synfuels
Geographical area: Secunda, Mpumalanga, South Africa
Job Designation: Instrument Artisan
Secunda Synfuels Operations
Secunda Synfuels Operations (SSO) operates the world’s largest coal-to-liquids (CTL) facility and produces synthesis gas (syngas) through coal gasification and natural gas reforming, using Sasol’s unique and proprietary Fischer-Tropsch technology to manufacture synthetic fuel components, pipeline gas and chemical feedstock.
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Ensure continuous equipment availability through effective maintenance and calibration of instrumentation equipment (water and ambient quality)
- Maintenance on instrument equipment.
- EX and IS inspections
- Fault finding.
- Prepared to work overtime when needed.
- Prepared to do standby
- Good housekeeping
- Personal Development in trade
- Conduct instrument modifications / upgrades on existing instrument installations
- Conducting loop checks
- Conduct Technical inspections
- Ensure continuous equipment availability through effective maintenance and calibration of instrumentation equipment (water and ambient quality)
- Ensure safety on area of responsibility
- Manage and control spares
- Perform modifications where necessary
- In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment as part of the normal selection criteria
- Valid driver’s Licence
- Grade 12 or N3 with English, Maths and Science
- NQF4 Trade test (Instrumentation) / NQF4 CHIETA / MQA Certificate
- Minimum 2-5 Years Instrumentation experience
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.
- Influential: Persuades and influences stakeholders; builds relationships and partnerships for win-win outcomes.
- Collaborative: Builds Teams and creates synergies through working across boundaries.
Functional / Technical
- Root cause analysis techniques
- Knowledge of basic process of plant
- Knowledge of pumps
- Safety Management
- Report non-conformances
- Training of Assistants
- Understand customer requirements and ensures product / services meets customer requirements
- Identifies and supports interdependencies (synergies with own and other departments)
Details on how to apply: Please apply via the Sasol careers website.
Note: Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void.
Apply On Company Site