Please note, appointment for this position might be subject to successful completion of physical fitness tests and medical examinations. A SAPS criminal record clearance certificate should accompany your CV.
A Challenging vacancy currently exists for a Security Guard at Mapungubwe National Park and World Heritage Site. The successful candidate will have to be a highly motivated individual with the necessary practical skills and experience to assist with Security functions & operations in the park and will report to Security Supervisor.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities that are required for the job:
- Grade 12 coupled with 3 years’ experience as a security guard.
- Grade E, D, C. Grade B and A will be an added advantage.
- Valid firearm rifle competency and registered with SAPS.
- A SAPS criminal record clearance certificate should accompany your CV.
- Code EC drivers licence plus PDP
- Proficiency in English, Afrikaans, Tshivenda, Xitsonga and Sepedi will be an added advantage;
- Sound communication, organisational and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work long hours in a very hot conditions alone in a remote area.
- A healthy person with a high level of general fitness and mental alertness is required in this position;
- Punctual, neat and responsible;
- Ability to work on his/her own as well as in a team;
- NB: Note: there will be a test to drive to all shortlisted candidates before interview.
The key performance areas of the successful candidate would include the following:
- Law enforcement that will include participating in regular entries and exits to prevent poaching, unauthorised access and movement within the park as well as keeping vehicle register for every one entering and exiting the park.
- Permits authorised persons to enter property and monitors entrances and exits.
- Observe departing personnel to protect against theft of company property and ensure that authorised removal of property is conducted within appropriate client requirements.
- Provide assistance to customers, employees and visitors in a courteous and professional manner.
- Call Police, Section Ranger or Corporal Ranger or Working for Fire in case of fire or unauthorised persons or suspicious movements of vehicles.
- Watch for irregular or unusual conditions that that may create security concerns or safety hazards.
- Transporting or Posting security guards in the work stations
- Guidance to visiting community groups, students and learners before entering the park,
- Efficient and effectively ensure area integrity.
- Assist in driving the security vehicle to response in case of break down in and around the park for our Tourists.
- Perform any delegated duties in the absence of supervisor.
The remuneration package includes a basic salary, based on the salary scale of a position with a Paterson B2 job grade, allowances and benefits as specified in the HR tariff Document and Conditions of Services of SANParks. The successful candidate will be accommodated in official accommodation in the park.
How To Apply:
Please address your application, accompanied by a CV with all supporting certificates, to the following address:
Mapungubwe National Park & World Heritage Site
Att: Me. Morongwa Maepa
P O Box 383
You may also e-mail your application to [email protected]