Do you have a passion for digital? And an even greater passion for social media? Are you on the blogosphere, Google+, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and all the latest platforms?
Are you a qualified wordsmith with excellent writing skills backed by an astute eye for detail?
Do you understand brands and have a passion for creating content that engages and grows communities? Are you ‘always on’, even on weekends?
If so we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our fun filled, fast growing digital communications agency in Johannesburg.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Be always on and monitoring communities and responding timeously
- Manage communities throughout the day
- Ignite and close conversations
- Grow fan bases
- Conceptualise and manage social media competitions and giveaways
- Respond to comments and questions with immediacy
- Report to head of social
- Attend brand workshop discoveries and compile social media strategies
- Create quarterly content calendars
- Review monthly posting plans and attain internal and client approval
- Monitor all social media channels, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.
- Engage with communities by diligently replying to messages and comments
- Monitor and measure the impact of content, analyse, review and provide feedback to the head of social
- Read and understand content strategy documents.
- Follow international brand pages and competitors
- Assess and report back on insights or findings and adapt content when necessary
- Supply information on trends to clients and agency
- Attend relevant events.
- Conduct regular research to stay on top of trends, tools and applications in the social space
- Ability to work under immense pressure
- Superior ability to execute against multiple tasks and programs under deadline pressure
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- High level of creativity, logic and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to learn, accept instructions, correction and supervision
- Willingness to work around the clock – being a community manager isn’t a nine to five job, it involves working some evenings and weekends, and responding to community members outside of work hours
- Experience in social media platforms and content management
- A University degree, college diploma or equivalent in communications, public relations, journalism or a related subject area
- Knowledge of social media and online community platforms, usage trends and best practices
- Strong knowledge of media monitoring
- Exceptional communications skills: writing, editing, interpersonal
- A presence on at least four social media platforms
Note: Please do not contact us if you do not hold the above-mentioned skill sets.
Send an email introducing yourself and why you think we should choose you for the position and attach your CV to send to [email protected]
Should you not receive a response within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.