Business Affair, an online business and lifestyle news channel, is looking for a social media intern to help us grow our online presence and reach. The internship will give the right candidate the opportunity to take the lead in our social media campaigns, broadcasting our video content and news via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram.
The intern will have the opportunity to learn about journalism, reporting, broadcasting, production and editing. They will be able to accompany us to interviews, events, and shoots.
Who are we looking for?
- Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage and develop Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube
- Create social media content, including writing, photos and videos
- Manage social media campaigns
- Report on analytics
Qualifications and Skills
We are looking for a tech-savvy, ambitious intern, who knows the ins and outs of social media. Preferably someone who is a good photographer and has an education or past experience in marketing.
As many of our clients are corporate, the candidate needs to be professional when accompanying us on shoots.
The candidate should have the ability to take the lead, to think outside the box, and to make this role a fantastic project to put on their CV.
This role is not full time, but would require a few hours a week. We are happy to have the candidate work from home and would consider a stipend, should they prove themselves.
- Opportunity to grow in a small team
- Experience in the world of journalism, broadcasting and digital production
- Work directly with international reporter and media trainer, as well as former Top-Billing, Espresso Show and Pasella cameraman and DOP
- Attend major events, media training workshops, and exclusive interviews
- Should the candidate prove themselves, a stipend would be considered
Location: Cape Town
Please send the following
Proof of qualification
A short paragraphing telling us why we should appoint YOU to our internship to [email protected]
Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Should you not be contacted within two weeks, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.