Equity Statement :Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the
designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating Division.
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
E-mail : RCBTPT.Recruitment@transnet.net
The closing date is on 23.09.2019. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email Transnet@tip-offs.com
Operating Division : TPT Richards Bay MPT
Position Title : Port Worker
Employee Group : Non Permanent
Department : Operations
Location : Richards Bay
Reporting To : Equipment Controller Level 1
Grade Level : HRLYL1
Reference Number : 20003455
The provision of labour as directed by supervisor in order to ensure a safe and clean working environment or optimized cargo operation.
1. Wash equipment at wash bay in compliance with health and safety.
2. Assist drivers in fill up diesel on equipment.
3. Cleaning operational areas.
4. Complete applicable documents i.e. accident and incident reports.
5. Cleaning wash bay.
6. Identify equipment to be washed after completion of parcels and change of parcels.
7. Liaise with equipment controller for equipment to be washed.
8. Assist drivers in water tanker for watering the plant, road and quaside.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Standard operating procedures
Apply Online for the Transnet General Workers