Closing date: 10 December 2018
Operating entity: UBE: Mining, Impumelelo
Geographical area: Balfour (Dipaliseng), Mpumanga, South Africa
Sasal Mining operates six coal mines that supply feedstock for our Southern African integrated value chain. The coal supplied to Secunda Synfuels Operations (SSO) is mainly used as gasification feedstock and some is used to generate electricity. The coal supplied to Sasolburg Operations (SO) is used to generate electricity and steam. We also export coal from the Twistdraai Export Plant to international power generation customers via the Richards Bay Coal Terminal.
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The General Worker
will perform manual labour in support of the area in which they work.
- Assist co-workers and artisans
- Use of hand tools and power tools
- Tidy and clean workshops, stores and outside areas
- Communication (verbal and written)
- Customer care
- Maintain safety & environmental standards
- Carry out any reasonable applicable request by colleagues and leaders
- General housekeeping
- Identify unsafe conditions
- Reporting deviations
- Ensure adherence to all rules and regulations
- Attendance and participation of safety meeting and toolbox talks
line with Sasol’s commitment to Employment Equity, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups.
In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment as part of the normal selection criteria.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Grade 12 / N3 / NCV Level 4 Certificate
- Previous relevant experience will be an added advantage
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
Self Mastery: Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.
Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void. The Sasol Group / Sasol Mining will never request you to make any cash deposits/payments as part of the recruitment process.
Apply On Company Site