Media24 is a leading media company in Africa with interests in digital media, newspapers, magazines, printing, distribution, book publishing, job classifieds and ecommerce.
Media24’s digital media division, 24.com, is a leading African network of popular digital publishing brands and online services across internet, mobile and applications.
24.com is dedicated to creating and sustaining uniquely African online and mobile communities. As South Africa’s largest digital publishing house, the network welcomes over 16 million local unique browsers monthly.
Media24 is part of Naspers, a multinational group of media and ecommerce platforms.
The successful candidate will be working with a small, dedicated editorial team to create lifestyle content for South African women.
A degree in journalism, English or creative writing is required. The successful candidate is further required to have blogging and or writing experience.
– Degree or diploma in journalism or creative writing.
– Blogging and or writing experience
– Should be able to work Monday- Friday
Skills & Competencies
– Writing experience (published pieces and/or personal blog)
– Familiar with the W24 editorial voice and aesthetic
– Able to write engaging and catchy headlines and blurbs
– Interest and knowledge of the various editorial pillars
– Excellent command of the English language
– Good subbing and editing skills
– Understanding of the online environment
– Meticulous editor, perfectionist, obsessive attention to detail, maddened by typos and broken links, delighted by finding and fixing them
– Excellent communication skills with a can-do attitude
– Interested in and engaged with social media – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Youtube and Pinterest
– Own, unique voice, strong opinions, willingness to explore new things
– Sense of humour
Duties & Responsibilities
-Coming up with story ideas, writing and editing articles
– Loading and editing articles into the content management system
– Researching stories and trends both online and IRL. Phone sources, investigate practices and do interviews
– Sourcing and resizing images (experience in Photoshop is a huge advantage!)
– Shooting and editing video
Location – Town / City
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
In terms of our employment equity policy, preference will be given to candidates from designated groups, including people with disabilities.