Our values are the heart and soul of Woolworths, and together they guide the decisions we make, the things we do, and the way we behave towards each other, our customers and our suppliers. WHY? IT’S SIMPLE: WE WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
HUMAN RESOURCES ADMINISTRATOR
RECRUITER : Woolworths (Pty) Ltd
REF: UPN/MR/HUMAN RESOURCES ADMINISTRATOR/Midrand/100619
||Woolworths (Pty) Ltd
To provide excellent people customer service to all employees in the business through process compliance.
Systems, processes & Technical competencies:
- Sound understanding of HR Admin policies & benefits
- Knowledge of relevant computer packages (e.g. Excel) and is able to capture information and produce reports
Finance and or Business:
- Demonstrates the ability to analyse and interpret written and numerical documentation
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the business measures and targets relating to own role
Customer & Environment:
- Demonstrates an understanding of the impact of own role on service delivery to internal and external customers
- Customer Service mind-set
- Demonstrates the ability to identify operational obstacles and opportunities and refer to DC management
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail
- Continues to strive for a goal even in the face of adversity
- Able to work flexible hours in line with the business requirements
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS
What theoretical knowledge (e.g. degree / diploma) does the job require?
- Literate (in English) and numerate to Grade 12 or Business Matric
- Human Resources qualification will be advantageous
- Knowledge of relevant computer packages and ability to capture information and produce reports on these packages.
- PeopleSoft knowledge will be advantageous
What experience (e.g. previous exposure) does the job require?
- Minimum of 1 year experience in Payroll/Leave/Time and Attendance administration
Deliverables are not limited to the accountabilities specified in the job profile. These key accountabilities highlight the focus areas of the job. Specific and/or additional deliverables can be requested by management. The key responsibilities and accountabilities may change from time to time in response to changes in business strategy, operational requirements and shift rotation.
- Process leave on People Soft and follow-up on entries in comparison to daily registers
- Raise leave to be forfeited with employees in time
- Provide information to Line Managers from People Soft related to leave trends (Sick / Annual)
- Give guidance to Line in terms of policies and assist staff in resolving leave/absence related queries
- Capture FTE for the Distribution Centre (Foods, Transport and Equipment) for compilation of the Flash Report
- Capture hours worked from weekly registers for permanent staff and labour brokers
- Liaise with line managers and labour broker managers on site in connection with discrepancies on registers
- Reconcile spreadsheets to registers
- Compare Distribution Centre spreadsheets for weekly payments with Labour Broker Schedule
- Reconcile hours worked to Labour Broker invoice before payment is processed
- Deal with Labour Broker queries and escalate to HR Business Partner or Commercial Manager where appropriate
- Collate and submit signed payroll information and documentation timeously of payroll run
- Check payroll master register for permanent staff in comparison to schedule submitted to ensure accurate capturing of hours for final payroll run
- Assist with payroll queries e.g. salary, overtime, shift allowances
- Ensure filing is maintained and all files are filed accurately in filing system for Payroll, Leave and Scheduling
- Arrange for business specific (Distribution Centre) inductions/orientation to take place after the central induction to employees was completed
- Maintain notice boards
- Co-ordinate staff miscellaneous events (deaths, births)
- Administration and assistance of general staff queries e.g. Retirement Fund Loans, Garnishees, Study Assistance, Employee Access Cards
- Capture input for monthly reports (e.g. Employee Relations)
- Plan and manage workload effectively and meet deadlines as agreed by the business and with the Line Manager
- Be an effective Team player in order to deliver high quality standards and focus on attention to detail
- Maintain high level of confidentiality and integrity
- Adherence to company policies, procedures and legislation (e.g. OHASA and SHE programme) in line with corporate governance
- Ensure a clean and safe environment by applying housekeeping principles
- Act in accordance with the Woolworths Values
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, therefore, if you do not hear back from us within 6 weeks of the closing date of the advert, your application was deemed unsuccessful.
Source: WOOLWORTHS JOBS