World Food Programme Internships Johannesburg. WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.ABOUT WFPThe United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP has embarked on once-in-a-generation transformation process, known as the Integrated Road Map (IRM), which aligns WFP’s strategy, programme structure, financial management and planning, monitoring and reporting mechanisms to help achieve the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
This strategic approach comes as a direct response to the commitment world leaders have made to end world hunger, through adoption of the 17 goals in the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. WFP prioritizes Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 2 on achieving zero hunger and SDG 17 on partnering. Governments are expected to take ownership for the achievement of the SDGs by 2030. For WFP to play its part in eliminating hunger, it will need to change.
JOB CONTEXT AND SUPERVISION
To ensure that data and information pertaining to WFP stocks in the region are reconciled in a timely manner, in order to facilitate for smooth and expedient Resource Transfer of stock balances from closing projects to the new Country Strategic Programmes (CSPs) and Interim Country Strategic Programmes (CSPs), as part of IRM activities.
Under direct supervision of the Snr. Regional Logistics Officer, and within context of transition of current project framework to the new Country Strategic Programmes (CSPs) and Interim Country Strategic Programmes (CSPs), related to Corporate Integrated Road Map (IRM), the incumbent will perform the following key responsibilities.
1. Collect and collate data and information on Project Closure dates for all projects in the region, derived from Closure Alerts, Corporate Systems (WINGS/LESS), and communication with Programme Unit (Project Cycle Management – PCM), and other sources, and disseminate alert reminders to Resource Transfer focal points in the region.
. Using LESS and other corporate systems reports review the status of stocks for Resource Transfer (open quantities in projects), whilst liaising with counterparts in Country Offices to ascertain correctness of system data. This will also include review of relevant system transactions such as outstanding Loans and Repayments.
3. Monitor Project End Dates for all closing projects and ensure Physical Stock Counts are performed by Country Offices at Project End Dates, vis-à-vis reconciliation of System vs Physical Stocks.
4. Compile list of system stocks (Batches and Quantities) for Resource Transfer in Closing Projects, using standard corporate Stock Resource Transfer Templates and guidelines. Review and reconcile Resource Transfer lists in tandem with Country Offices and Headquarters counterparts, to ensure physical and system stocks alignment.
5. Follow up with Country Offices to ensure correct Resource Transfer lists are endorsed by Country Office Management, for onward timely submission to Headquarters units for processing. Subsequently, follow up with Headquarters (Commodity Accounting, Finance and Budget & Programming Units), to ensure correct action is taken on Transfer of stocks and resources.
6. Establish a system for receiving IRM-related support queries from RBJ COs ensuring that these are dealt with in minimal time or escalated further to WFP Hqs.
7. Manage proper documentation and filing of endorsed Resource Transfer lists, together with system reports ascertaining completed Resource Transfers.
8. Liaise with relevant unit focal points in the Regional Bureau, Country Offices and Headquarters, such Supply Chain (Funds Management), Programme, Finance, Budget & Programming, and Activity Managers involved in Resource Transfer process, as and when required.
9. Prepare and disseminate relevant Resource Transfer Reports to focal points in Regional Bureau, Country Offices and Headquarters, outlining data on Stocks Available for Resource Transfer, Stocks Transferred In/Out of Projects, and Financial Closure Reports, among others.
10. Perform any other duties related to stock cutover and Resource Transfers, as and when required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education:University degree in Commerce and Supply Chain Management /certificates or courses in a field related to Logistics/transport activities, data analysis and commodity management
Knowledge and skills Excellent knowledge of standard computer applications including Microsoft packages. Ability to appropriately assess and escalate challenges to ensure that WFP is able to provide consistent and uninterrupted service to its beneficiaries and partners. Ability to collect and analyse relevant technical data from diverse sources to forecast operational needs under various scenarios and make evidence-based proposals.
Language Proficiency in writing and verbal communication in English is requisite. Working knowledge in French and/or Portuguese is desirable. 4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS 05 April 2019.Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply. WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
How to Apply
Click here to Send your application